Liz (She/Her) is a Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist and Coach in private practice in Santa Monica. Liz’s personal values of connection, compassion, trust, presence, and joy have led her to dedicate her career to supporting individuals in living a life true to their own unique values. Utilizing evidence-based treatments such as Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Intuitive Eating and Health at Every Size, Liz serves as therapist, coach, and educator for people on their journey to true self-compassion and nourishment.
Liz’s areas of expertise include disordered eating, trauma, and family systems. Liz has a particular passion for treating women who suffer with Binge Eating Disorder or chronic dieting and she offers a 10-week Women’s Intuitive Eating Support Group. both in person and online. Liz also works with individuals who are seeking to live more values based, fulfilling lives, and become free from codependency and unhealthy relationships, which often involves processing and healing trauma. Liz frequently supports individuals in various stage of life transitions, such as marriage, divorce, becoming new parents, infertility, and grieving. Liz is certified and utilizes EMDR frequently in her practice as well as Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Strengths Based Approaches, Narrative Therapy, and Psychodynamic Therapy.
Liz sees self-compassion, mindfulness, self-nurturing, connection, and living in alignment with our core values as the foundations for long lasting recovery and wellness.
- Years in Practice: 9 Years
- License and State: 91267 California
- EMDR Training and Certification
- SMART Recovery Facilitator Training Certification
- University of San Diego
- Master of Arts Marital and Family Therapy
- University of San Diego Ambassador for the MFT Program 2013
- University of California, Santa Barbara
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology. Minor in Education
- Studied abroad at the University of California Center in Paris
- Member of Psi Chi, The International Honor Society in Psychology
Professional Membership Associations